Monday, March 17, 2008

How frustrating...

We haven't had any water at our house today! Jason realized this when he got up to take a shower this morning before he went to work. Thankfully, the boys had taken showers before they went to bed last night, so they were okay for school today. Jason told me that he called the well-repair guy around 7:45 this morning to get him to come & look at our well to see what was wrong with it. He showed up sometime in the early afternoon & told Jason that the pump had come loose & fell to the bottom of the well. Not good. Hopefully, we will get the old pump removed/fished out from the bottom & then have a new one installed tomorrow (3/18).

I never realized how much I use water throughout the day.....that was until I couldn't use it! I would reach for the faucet to turn on the water and then be so frustrated because it wasn't there when I needed it! We had to pump off the water from the pool cover to put into a bucket to use when we needed to flush. I even went and bought 10 - 1 gallon jugs of water (10 for $10....my lucky day!) to be able to wash our hands, brush our teeth, and prepare dinner for tonight.

In the midst of my frustration, God brought me a moment of clarity....how blessed are we that we can have water at the flick of a wrist by turning on a faucet? Sure, my brief time of not having water is an inconvenience to me and my family, but once the well is fixed, it will be there again whenever we need it. My frustrations turned to thankfulness as I realized how blessed we were to have clean, fresh water...there are so many people in poor, impoverished countries that don't have that luxury whenever they want it.

Tonight, we were able to go out to Jason's dad's cabin and get showers after dinner. I can't remember the last time that I was so thankful to have a shower!

0 comments: