Friday, March 21, 2008

Well update #3...it's not good.

The update is that WE NEED WHOLE A NEW WELL!!!! I am not happy about this because it will be at least a week before it can be dug & put in and maybe even longer than that. We have to get a permit to do it from the Health Department & we can't do that until Monday morning which will be 1 week of not having our well working. We do have a temporary setup that allows us to have some water to flush toilets, wash our hands, the occasional shower, and other things that don't require a lot of water, but Jason has to fill the water tank that supplies us with the water, so that's a bit time-consuming for him. My parents are staying at my father-in-law's cabin so that they can have water and the boys, Jason, and I go out in the evenings to get our showers.


The good news in all of this is that Grant, Luke, and I will be leaving on Sunday afternoon to go to Gulf Shores, Alabama (actually, we'll be staying in Fort Morgan) for a Spring Break trip with my sister-in-law, Cota, and her 3 kids, Kelsey, Sydney, and A.J. Unfortunately, Jason and Matt (Cota's husband) have to work next week, so they are unable to join us. Not only are we getting to take a trip for Spring Break, but there will be RUNNING WATER there! I am so excited about that! Neither the boys or I have been to Alabama before and this will be their first time to see the Gulf of Mexico. We will be renting 1/2 of a house/duplex for the week while we are there and we are right on the beach! It sleeps 12 people and there are only 7 of us, so we'll have plenty of room. Here's a picture of the place we'll be staying (it's on the right side in this picture):



The boys are getting excited about the trip. When I told them, Grant was so thrilled he said that, "I am so happy and excited I feel like I have bubbles inside of me!" He cracks me up sometimes! I am taking my computer with me, so I'll be able to blog about our trip while we're there. Ahhh, just thinking about being on the beach and hearing the waves crashing on the shore is relaxing me right now.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like it will be a great trip...enjoy your time away (and the running water!).