Monday, March 17, 2008

The newest addition to our family...

Last Sunday (3/9/08), it seemed to me that Jason was acting pretty weird around me. I kept asking him if something was wrong and he finally ended up blurting out to me, "You know how sometimes it's better if you don't ask a lot of questions?"...I was shocked by this! I barely knew how to respond to him because he doesn't ever talk to me that way, so I didn't say anything, but my mind was just spinning now.

I tried to go about the rest of my day the best that I could, but I still thought that Jason was acting weird, so I asked him if I had done something to upset him. He told me that I hadn't, but he needed to tell me something, so we went into our room & he closed the door. I was really starting to wonder what was going on. The first words out of Jason's mouth were, "I lied to you." I started to panic and feel sick to my stomach...tears were starting to form in my eyes. He started to tell me, "You know when I said that I had to go to Decatur on Friday (3/7) for work? Well, I didn't go there...". Tears were nearly ready to come out of my eyes & I wanted to throw up. He then said, "I went to Farmer City to The Liquid Edge to see Doug and give him a down payment for a boat!" I thought in my head, "OK! This is a good thing!" I was so relieved and I cried happy tears, but I still smacked Jason on the arm (he says that I punched him in the arm and almost knocked his drink out of his hand) for "lying" to me and making me worry.

So, this past Thursday afternoon (3/13), Jason went to Farmer City to pick up our new boat! Grant & Luke didn't know about the boat, so we decided to surprise them when we got home from their gymnastic lessons. When we got close to home, I had the boys close their eyes and put their heads on their laps. I pulled up behind the house where Jason had parked the boat and had the boys get out of the car while keeping their eyes closed. I counted to three and then had them open their eyes....they were so surprised! They could hardly believe their eyes that we had a boat sitting at our house! We hadn't told my dad either, so he was surprised too when he saw the boat pulling into the driveway.

Here's our 2008 MasterCraft X-45....




We've been trying to think of a name for the boat and Jason came up with H.M.S. for Her (or His) Majesty's Ship, but I think that I like my version better....Huge Money Sucker (due to all of the gas it'll take to make her go!).

We're all very happy and we can hardly wait to get out on the water for the first time! You can be sure that I'll blog about that day!

4 comments:

Pam & Fam said...

Mike says, brng that boat up this summer and we'll make it go!!! LOL

Michelle Wilson said...

I LOVE that you have created a blog! It sure makes it easier for family/friends to keep in touch and stay in the loop. The boat looks like way too much fun :) Congrats on the new family member

Michelle

Holly Cross said...

Hey Nick I am glad to hear I'm not the only one who has those kind of days. I've been up since 3:00 a.m. waiting for my Husband and Hayden to get home from E.R. with the flu (both). I then will proceed to go and teach all day and then have another night of parent teacher conferences til 8:00p.m.. Ugh, this will be one long day! Have a great day!

Holly

Connie said...

Beautiful boat! We are a big summer / watersports family too.

Yay for your new blog!!